Monday, April 21, 2008

One Man's Junk, Another Man's Treasure

When I married into Dave's family, I married into a new tradition...Saturday morning garage/yard sales! Dave's mom (Edie), my mom (Jeannie) and I would get the paper on Fridays to "scope out" the neighborhood sales that we wanted to go to the next morning. Some of my favorite memories is waking up early (sometimes even 5:30 or 6:00) to make sure we were one of the first ones there. We would throw on comfy clothes (in layers, so we could shed them as the morning warmed up) and with coffee cups and granola bars in hand we would head out. Rain or shine we would (and still do when I come in town for visits) be on the look out for the best deal of the day! Dave and I would go to neighborhoods in Florida/Lexington and just park the car and enjoy the Saturday morning just looking through all the odds and ends people are trying to get rid of...it is a great adventure to just get out of the house. So, this weekend we introduced garage/yard selling to Kate. The connecting neighborhood to ours where having there semi-annual neighborhood yard sell. It was a fun outing...Kate enjoyed being out and about and we had fun just looking for the deal of the day.
So, for $26 we walked away with 2 pink gingham lined white pottery barn baskets, two Gymboree outfits for Kate, two Gap sun hats, two Gap winter toboggans, a jumperoo for Grandparents house in SC, a new "walk with me" toy, 3 DVDs for mom and dad, a Pier 1 rug (for under my kitchen sink) and table runner (brand new) and some other odds and ends...everything is practically brand new, name brand and just what we needed...what a deal! Welcome to garage selling Katie Kate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

(I made a grammatical error, so this is my second try posting this comment. Sorry about that!)

I should be very upset at you for not telling me about that neighborhood sale! But I am willing to forgive you if you'll go out with me one Saturday morning!

By the way,
you are looking awesome! Bye bye baby weight!