Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

Cold is an understatement. Kentucky has been hit with Winter full blast these past three weeks...I think it has only been three days in the last three weeks we have not seen snow fall. However, we have not seen it to this extent yet...we have been hit with a news breaking winter storm...yes we are the ones you see on the news.


Through the weeks we have gained the understanding of true cabin fever. However, we had our good friend Melanie and her little one stay with us when their heat was not working a few weeks ago...it was fun having her and her little man here with us. I think the whole family may come and stay with us a few days this week due to no power...they live about 15 miles south of us and their whole town is out of power and may be out for weeks.


Our friends Matt and Mandy with their little girl Maddie came over one day for lunch...aren't the girls cute...they loved sitting in the "big" chair together. They are only about a month apart in age!

Our Winter Storm has left it very white and bright outside with lots of ice! I think we have 2+ inches of ice with 2+ inches of snow on top of it.





Today, Kate and I joined our neighbors for some fun in the snow. Kate did not really know what to think about it but really enjoyed eating an icicle.







No comments: