Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our First Play Group

I went to check my email when we got home from SC last week and I got my acceptance email....yes, I am now a member of a "Mom's Group" here in Lexington! I am so excited! They have a cap on the # of members that can join so I have been on a waiting list for about five months...however, they allowed me to come to some events with my friend Brooke who is already a member.

So, I signed up for our first outing and we ventured to the Lexington Children's Explorium today to meet up with some of the moms and little ones to play. We had a great time. We had a big room reserved that was full of toys and then went through the Explorium (which is an interactive play area for kiddos. We spent most of the time in the toddler area...which was wonderful!

This group is such a blessing for Kate and I to get out of the house and interact with other moms and kids. They have about five+ events to attend each week...you just have to at least participate in one a month and host one a year...you choose what to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the explorium! Those pictures are adorable. Kate's hair is getting really long in the back too!