Friday, May 6, 2011

126/365
There is not just one photo to capture our day...it was a day full of so much fun!

Our friends & life group leader invited us out to pick strawberries this morning right down the street from our house...and it was amazing. Surprisingly the girls really did not want to pick the strawberries (which I thought would be a highlight b/c they love to pick flowers)...they just wanted to eat them. They LOVED them and I really could not tell you how many they ate all in all, but they were COVERED in strawberry juice. My girls made up for the mess of all four kiddos b/c Kristine's little ones liked to pick the strawberries but not eat them...so they kept bringing the girls the PERFECT strawberry to eat. It was a wonderful morning!

Our strawberry picking ended just in time...the rain started pouring down, so we decided it was a perfect time to just play in the rain. You could tell the girls were unsure of what I was allowing but as I got excited as they splashed int he puddles and caught rain in their mouths they were just giggling! It was a priceless moment!


Our last adventure of the night was a tradition we missed last year...we moved here just a few weeks to late to participate in the Fort Mill Strawberry Festival...so tonight we ate an early dinner and headed downtown to have a family night out. It was wonderful, venders, I got a 5 minute massage, lots of very yummy and unhealthy food, balloons for the girls and many more surprises. We ended the night just sitting in the grass listening to a great bluegrass band and watching the girls dance to the music...it was perfect for all of us.


No comments: