Sunday, June 5, 2011

150/365
We spent Memorial at the lake with my sister, parents and the Brewers. This was the first time the girls have actually gotten into the water at the lake and they LOVED it! We had a yummy dinner and celebrated Daddy Bo's and Mrs. Lyn's birthday.
We also took some time that day to go and see my sweet Memaw. She is in the last stages of Alzheimer's and a mere 85 pounds and still full of sweetness. When the girls come with me for a visit memaw just smiles and lights up. We had our visit outside this time and the girls picked her flowers. Two moments that just made my day:

She kept trying to ask me something and I finally made out that she was asking my name, so I told her and then about 5 minutes later she looked at me and said, Brooke...not perfectly clear but she was trying to say my name and she looked like she really connected!

Then one moment I asked Kate to come over and pray for Memaw and as Kate stood beside her and started her prayer, I looked up at Memaw and her eyes were tearing up...there was this beautiful connection between the two of them while mom and I were tearing up too!

No comments: