Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012...a warm welcome from the Moores!

So, first off I have to apologize for the end of 2011 posts...life got so busy with the holidays and activities that I just did not have the time. However, I am back and ready to keep our family blog going. We hope your 2012 is off to a wonderful start! Here is how our January journey has started:
We took the girls out for a New Years Eve dinner and then Dave and I actually stayed up playing cards and rang in the new year together. Our good friends Jill and John hosted a New Years Day luncheon after church...it was the perfect start for 2012!


The new year brings now interest for the girls...I am honored to say we have two little ballerinas in the house. Kate is very much into the Nutcracker and is in LOVE with the mouse king. Calla loves to say "ballet" and watch the Bella Ballerina DVD I got at a yard sale about a year ago. You will now find both girls on their very tippy toes and dancing all through the house.
Kate loves art and I love my new camera lens I got for Christmas...so here is kate showing off a picture while I played "photographer".
My little dressing up mommy...Calla LOVES LOVES LOVES playing baby and acting out "mommy"...love her so much!
before dave left for China (a 15 day trip) our neighbors babysat and sent us out on a date...dave had helped them out with their theater system and surprised us with a thank you date night. We went to dinner AND a movie!
Breakfast in front of the fire...I love this picture b/c it shows off Calla's crazy morning hair!


The weekend Dave left for China, Eric came back from Africa. My sister and I took him shopping for some new clothes and in turn we came home and Eric presented us with handmade clothes from his village...he designed them and had the mamas and grandmamas bead them...such an honor to wear his tribe's clothing. The girls LOVED their "jingle bell" dresses (they have beads on them that jingle).

A little outside play time at Grana and Daddy Bos

My two little clean princesses!
A little LeapPad time
The newlyweds are now celebrating their 1st Anniversary!
A little bonfire and roasting marshmellows
We can't deny each other!
we introduced Eric to SMORES...he liked them but said they were a little too sweet.
Calla got so excited when I asked her if she wanted applesauce as a part of her dinner and she got so excited she sat down and started giggling and saying criss cross applesauce and showed me how to do it! So so cute...I guess she learned it at school.
While mom was in town I finally got to shampoo my rugs so that meant the furniture got all moved around and well my little kiddos found some fun with the chairs and making a bus and a choo choo train. So fun...Calla was the driver and Kate the passenger. It really made fun for about an hour.
Love finding the girls doing activities together...here they were coloring in their playroom.

No comments: