My sweet friend Jen over at Scissors & Spatulas asked if I would guest post today...how exciting! Check out her blog and all the fun things she has going on over there (even some give aways). Below is my guest post...I never thought I would be posting one of my projects for everyone to see...I wish I had taken more step by step pictures, enjoy!
We just moved into a new home about a year ago and I was on the look out for a "mudroom area" hall tree. I found one I fell in love with at Crate & Barrel and decided to have a yard sale to raise the money for my new piece. At the end of the day I sold just enough, so I ran in to order the piece and to my surprise the price was only for the bottom part of the hall tree...I was so disappointed. Then I took matters in my own hands and here is what I did:
I found this telephone table at a yard sale for $20, I thought I was going to put it into my kiddos playroom, but now I have the perfect place for it:
A little sanding, primer and several coats of white paint (I did distress it -not pictured):
Then I found this shelf at Goodwill for $2.99 and I thought a good coat of white paint would bring it to life:
Next I grabbed some scrap crown molding at Home Depot and had them cut it to meet up with the bottom of the shelf. A coat of white paint to match the telephone table and shelf...perfect.
I purchased some hooks from Hobby Lobby and had my handyman hubby drill holes and attached them to the board and then mounted the finished project to the wall...take a look:
With a few decor additions and a cushion my cousin made for me...my little "mudroom" is much sweeter than the one I had picked out and needless to say MUCH less expensive $800 vs. $54! A great DIY project!
The funniest thing during this project was when my 4 year old saw my finished, distressed telephone table, she got so excited it was finished but then pointed out all the spots I missed (the distressed parts)...a little giggle for mommy!
2 comments:
Hey Brooke! This is so random, but I saw your post on Scissors & Spatulas after linking there from Tip Junkie and thought...I knew a girl named Brooke in Lexington and I think she wrote a blog titled something like that. Lo and behold, it's one and the same! Cute project and glad to here things are going well for y'all in SC! Miss your face in LPM!
heather!!! what a small small world! How are you??? Thanks for following the trail that led you to me! We are doing great and are loving being back closer to family...we do miss our KY family so much!
Post a Comment