Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Our Brother, Andrew



As many of you know this past month has been a difficult one for my family. My 18 year old brother, Andrew, was jogging at night, on February 24th and as he attempted to cross the road he was hit and killed by a car. In the midst of it all God has shown us so much about Andrew and his life that I just can't help but smile when I think of everything he did and every one's life that he touch. I never imagined that this would be apart of our family's path in life and that we would have to endure such a loss. However, we know that God already knew, from the day He created Andrew, that at 18 years old, Andrew would be called home. I wanted to thank you all for all your prayers and support for us over the past month.


I also wanted to share that as we celebrated Easter a couple of Sunday's ago, it had a whole new meaning to me. God sent his son to walk this earth, he knew that Christ would die for all of us upon that cross, he knew that Jesus' earthly family and friends would mourn the loss of someone so close, but God did this for His purpose...and look how many people have been affected! We have the assurance, since we know that Andrew was a child of God and that our family are children of God (since we have asked him in our hearts-to live and guide us daily), that we all will see Andrew again and that God has used Andrew's life for His purpose in so many ways. What a gift of hope for our family!


Blessings-Brooke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where the heck is Bailey?!