Sunday, July 6, 2008

Red, White and Boom

Each year Dave's boss hosts a big cookout and firework show for friends and family. We packed the car and headed about 45 minutes to his cabin on the lake for a day of backyard fun and lots of food. We took Kate on a walk through the camp ground (some people camp out over night), introduced her to watermelon...which she loved, she was passed around and loved on by everyone, we played cornhole (a popular yard game here), and watched fireworks. Kate took a very late nap and then made it to watch the fireworks...she was in all. I held her ears and she just stared with amazment. Thank you Bob and family for a great July 4th weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I love the slideshow and video! Girl, you have DEFINITELY lost all of your "baby weight"! You look amazing! Please share your secret with me! :)

We HAVE to get together soon! Lunch?????

Councill Party of 4 said...

Thanks Brooke for the inspiration for the blog! I love this thing! I love keeping up with you guys and so many other friends...it's great! Oh, BTW, I learned how to do the slide show...it's great, too!