So, I call them "Mother of the Year" moments...it's that moment that you realize that you have done something that takes all opportunity away from you winning the "Mother of the Year" award. My latest and greatest ended up in Kate getting a new pair of shoes.Story goes...at Christmas I took about four very cute pairs of shoes (which my very stylish neighbor has let us borrow) and was determined that Kate was going to polish each outfit off with cute shoes. However, after comments from family members that helped me dress her throughout our visit, we found that the shoes were a bit snug...however, it was all we had so Kate ended up wearing them the whole time.
So, as soon as we got back to KY we went to have her foot measured. It turns out that my sweet little girls size 4 1/2 foot was being squeezed into a size 3 shoe over the holidays! Yes, "Mother of the Year" goes to me for that one.
So, we purchased Kate's first REAL pair of shoes from Stride Rite and she LOVES them....probably most of all b/c they are comfortable and her feet don't hurt when we put them on...and she can walk normal.If you desire to share any "Mother of the Year" experiences lately please just add it to the comment section of this post...we all could use some encouragement that things like this happens to everyone...I hope.
5 comments:
I might have you beat! This past summer, I was going to take Bailee for a walk and was guilted into taking our dog, Beau. I put the leash on him, had Bailee in the stroller, and then realized I didn't have my sunglasses. So I strapped the leash around the stroller for two seconds and stepped inside to grab my glasses. Well, in the split second that I was gone, Beau took off dragging the stroller and Bailee through the backyard. He proceeded to wrap the leash around a tree, with Bailee dangling upside down in the stroller. I rushed out there to find her with a bruised knee and eye, but my "Mother of the Year" moment resulted in a trip to the emergency room! She was fine, but I certainly felt like an awful parent for putting my child through that, so I can totally relate!!! Welcome to the club!
Oh dear...where to start? Actually, last night, Braedan (2 years old) ate all of his dinner and asked me for some candy. I dug through our candy bowl and realized that we didn't have many pieces appropriate for his age. The best I found was a gummy-spider about the size of a half-dollar. I showed him how to bite it into pieces, and he sat beside me like a good little boy and finished it off. A few minutes later he asked for another, and (telling him what a good boy he'd been) I thought "sure, why not". So he followed me over to the candy bowl, and I handed it to him. I started cleaning up from dinner, when I heard Lauren and Braedan giggling and running around, playing tag. Then it got eerily quite. I ran around to the hallway to find Braedan choking on the second gummy worm that I gave him. I had to pull it out of his mouth by the gummy legs, while leaning him over my lap. He looked terrified, kind of like I felt! I must be the president of the club!
I love your stories...they make me laugh b/c I know that one day I will have very similar ones to these. Thanks for sharing...and I would love to meet the one mom who actually could win the award...I am sure we all have at least one moment in a year that disquilifies us! ha ha!
I did the same thing, Brooke! Don't feel bad! Bella was also wearing too small shoes & was measured for a much bigger size. It so hard to know though! :)
Hey Brooke!
I wouldn't have room to fit all of my "mother of the year award moments here," but I understand about borrowing the shoes....With having 2 girls, I thought I would just be all set with Ella---she could wear all of MA's hand-me-downs, including shoes. I was sqeezing Ella's little feet into all of the old shoes and was realizing they just weren't going on so easy....Come to find out MA's feet are narrow and Ella's are xtra WIDE! Poor thing....so all new shoes for BOTH of them each season!
And then also...I'm sure you remember the whole dirty diaper incident with MA when she was a baby (I think before you moved)---opening it and smearing it on her face in the back seat while I was driving down the road?!?!?!....
Post a Comment