Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So What Have We Been Up To?!

Well, where do I start. It has been awhile since the last time I blogged...so sorry. Last I wrote I was on "bed rest" or "Lexington Rest" and Kate was in SC. I was resting and getting my "to do" list before Calla gets here checked off. My contractions stopped and the doctor released me to travel down to SC to pick up Kate. We were so happy to have some time home. My friend Allison and mom rescheduled Calla's SC shower with family and friends...it was wonderful! Thank you all that came and showered us with love, supports and much needed items for Calla.
When we got back to Kentucky we were thrown right back into parenthood. Kate woke up in the middle of the night throwing up and so it was off to the doctor's. It turned out she had strep...did you know that a sign of strep for babies is throwing up? I didn't but found out that a few friends little ones had the same signs and it ended up being strep. Then on Sat night we went to a cook out and I got sick (either a touch of food poisoning or something just did not settle) so I was up all night sick and became very dehydrated. Long story short I ended up at the doctors to get fluids. So, Dave camped out in the basement and Kate and I had some very low keyed days.
We all got feeling better by weeks end and I was ready for our Kentucky shower for Calla. It was wonderful and it was so good to have all my Kentucky "family" all together at one time. It was wonderful! Thank you Susie and Krista and all that came! We are so blessed to have you all in our lives. Here are some pics of our time in Greenville and baby showers.


Kate's First Visit to SC without Mom or Dad...she had a blast with both sets of her grandparents...thank you all for keeping her for us!


SC Shower: Thanks Alli for everything!


Kentucky Shower: Thanks Susie and Krista!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY! JK...

What great slideshows. Kate looks like she had lots of fun in SC...

You did get lots of great things from the shower too!