I went into labor on Monday night after I had a massage (my friend gave me a gift certificate for her and I to go get massages for a girls night for my shower gift). I literally finished the massage and when it was over I went to get off the table and my water broke! Wow, what an experience...I just stood there laughing...I had no idea what to do. My friend, Brooke, finished her massage and was told that I needed her help...we could not stop laughing. So, we called Dave and my doctor and finally were able to get me ready to head across the street to the hospital. Yes, indeed my water had broken, and I was contracting every three minutes (which I was not feeling). I was only dilated 2 centimeters and I requested not to be put on potocin...i wanted to see how far my body could do it on it's own. So, three hours later (Dave had taken care of Kate and our babysitter Megan was at our house spending the night, parents were called, Brooke stayed by my side and Emily (my good friend) came over to the hospital to visit and gave me a pedicure (we were scheduled to get them on Thursday as a tradition right before I go into labor)) I requested my epidural. They checked me again and I was still only 2 centimeters dilated. So, my doc asked and I agreed to go on a small dose of poticin and decided to try and take some time to sleep...since I was not moving that fast along. The nurse came in an hour and a half later to check me and to her surprise I was fully dilated and we were ready to have our baby.
The doctor had to be called to hurry over to the hospital and I was told not to move an inch or the baby would be here before the doctor could make it in (dejavu from Kate's birth) however, the doctor did make it in and we had a WONDERFUL delivery. I did one set of pushes and with the first of the second set we met Miss. Calla Faith! She is beautiful and looks a lot like Dave.

We introduced Kate to her sister on Tuesday afternoon and it was priceless! She was excited to see me but when she saw Calla she bypassed me and said "baby"! I put her on the bed with me and she stood looking at Calla in her bassinet and just talked to her and wanted to touch her. When we asked if she wanted to hold her she got so excited and LOVED it! It was one of my favorite moments in my life...so sweet!
We both are doing well and were able to come home on Wednesday late afternoon. Our families welcomed us home and were able to visit for the rest of the night and headed out the next morning.
Dave surprised me with a beautiful "push gift" when I walked into the door...an artwork entitled "My Girls" from an artist out of California.

We introduced Kate to her sister on Tuesday afternoon and it was priceless! She was excited to see me but when she saw Calla she bypassed me and said "baby"! I put her on the bed with me and she stood looking at Calla in her bassinet and just talked to her and wanted to touch her. When we asked if she wanted to hold her she got so excited and LOVED it! It was one of my favorite moments in my life...so sweet!
We both are doing well and were able to come home on Wednesday late afternoon. Our families welcomed us home and were able to visit for the rest of the night and headed out the next morning.Dave surprised me with a beautiful "push gift" when I walked into the door...an artwork entitled "My Girls" from an artist out of California.
Thank you all for all your phone calls and emails...i am slowly catching up to things...rest has been my priority lately...we lost a full nights sleep the night she was born and then our first night home (due to my milk not coming in yet...she was hungry).We are so excited to start doing life together with our new addition!



5 comments:
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! We are thankful for your sweet family and the blessing of Calla. love you all!
Oh my gosh I have tears in my eyes!!! how precious is she!!?? I am so glad everything went so well--if only all births could go as quickly as yours seem to do!!! I am so happy for you guys and have been trying to find the perfect gift to sent to Calla...anything specific you need???
love the pics, you are like a professional birther! must mean you should have lots of kids!!!
Congrats!!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!! I about started crying, reading about Calla and Kate! So precious!
I've been out of town, but I'm back now. I'll call to see when I can stop by soon! :)
Brooke, Calla's little face is absolutely beautiful! she is precious. I know you and Dave are proud. I wish you all the best!
Post a Comment