Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our Staycation

After 6 months of living apart and our last get a way being New Years, Dave and I took my mom ans sister up on watching the girls so we could get away for a few nights...just us. We opted to come back to our house in Fort Mill and treat it as our vacation destination. We acted as if our house was a hotel, no cooking, cleaning, no computers, and phone only as needed. Dave treated me to a wonderful day of shopping in gaffney where I got to try things on and really decide if I liked them and if they really did fit...it was wonderful! Then we drove on into charlotte and had a great dinner together at a Japanese steakhouse. We enjoyed the Baxter area with lunch and then dessert outside then headed home for a nap. That night we ventured into Charlotte by the train and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Blackfinn. We slept in the next day and went over to the Whitewater facility and bike, hiked and ate lunch over looking the "rapids". I hope to go back there again and actually do some rafting. I grabbed one more nap before heading back to Greenville to get the girls. What a wonderful time for Dave and I together...it was much needed!

No comments: