Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Red + Blue = Purple

Today we decided to introduce Calla into the world of paint...yes very risky, but I knew it would be something she would enjoy. Kate's favorite thing to do is paint...so here goes nothing! Calla loved it and quickly figured out the concept...yes she did try to eat it a few times, but it must not have tasted that great b/c it really was not a problem through it all. She would take her little brush and some times her hands and put them in the paint on her plate and then proceed to paint on the paper...she did a great job...so much fun!
Kate is now having purpose to what she is painting...she is make circles and lines and hearts, etc. The highlight today was that she mixed the red and blue paint to make purple. I have done this for her in the past but today she did it on her own...she was so excited and I was one happy mommy! If you would like to purchase the great art demonstrated below, just let me know...all proceeds go to weddings and college funds.

No comments: