Better late than never....I found a "make your own crayons" instructions on pintrest a while back and had a great idea of giving homemade heart crayons for valentines...so I was on the hunt for a heart muffin silicon mold...and one day to my surprise I found it at my favorite little thrift store of 99 cents and put it aside for Valentine's Day.
When February came I had found the whistles (see post below) for fun little gifts and forgot all about the crayons. The other morning Kate found the heart mold when we were pulling out the cookie sheets, so we decided our day project was to recycle all our old crayons into beautiful rainbow ones. I took the opportunity to talk to the girls about God's Promise of the Rainbow.
Step One: Gather all your broken crayons, remove paper and cut into small pieces.
Step Two: Take your silicon muffin mold (use any shape you have on hand) and fill with the broken crayons...let the kiddos help you with this step.

Step Three: Bake at 350 for 15 minutes on a cookie sheet to melt crayons then put in freezer for 15 minutes to cool.
Here are our chunky heart rainbow crayons...
1 comment:
Though I catch each of your postings (I'm alerted by Google Reader) and THOROUGHLY ENJOY each one, I don't think often to stop to comment and let you know how much I appreciate your updates. LOVED the heart shaped, rainbow colored crayons . . . and the process was totally fun!! LOVE EACH ONE OF YOU,
Mary Eva
Post a Comment