In each of my past homes I have had that place right by the door where I could put my keys and other items I need to take with me as I run out the door...so besides my "mudroom" area for coats, purses and shoes (see older post)... I was still missing that final piece.
Here she is...yes a little rough around the edges but a great DIY project...I found this piece at Goodwill for $3.99.

First I filled the holes (the previous owner drilled two holes for hanging purposes) with wood puddy, removed the hardware hooks and cleaned and sanded the piece.

A few coats of white paint...I think I ended up having to do three coats.

I then cut out scrapbook paper to fit the envelope section of the piece and modpodged it on...then added a final coat of modpodge to seal. After it dried I replaced the hooks and added a burlap ribbon (leftovers my mom had from a sewing project)...it was still missing something...
I was introduced to Distressing Ink at MOPS a few weeks back during a craft day and I LOVE it...it gives your piece that distress look with out the work...so a little touches around the edges and...

the perfect addition to my "mudroom" area...a place for my keys, a little chalkboard note area (I spray painted a piece of cardboard with chalkboard paint) and a cubby for the paperwork items I need as I run out the door!
What do you think?! I have seen these type of pieces at Goodwill many of times, so go try to find one and let me know how it turns out!
No comments:
Post a Comment