Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Child of God

When I was pregnant with Kate we faced a day where I felt that "something" was wrong. Kate had not been moving that much and things just did not seem right. I had my doctors appointment that week so I just spent a lot of time in prayer to God about Kate and the time I was to have with her. I remember praying the morning of my doctors appointment thanking God for allowing me to have Kate those months in the womb, but that if that was all the time I was to have that I was thankful. I was reminded that day that Kate (or any other child) is not my possession...they are not ours to claim....they are God's children that he has trusted us with as parents to raise...what an honor. So, that day at my appointment (still feeling uneasy) they went to hear the heartbeat and could not find it...2 minutes passed, a new machine came in to be used, another 4 minutes past...and then very muffled we heard a heartbeat. Those 6+ minutes seems liked forever as I waited to hear the sweet sound of life, but through it all I held onto Christ, because I had no control and knew that the His Will would be done.

This past weekend we dedicated Kate to the Lord at church. We place her in His hands each day as we promise to raise her in a Christ-centered home and provide ample opportunities for Kate to be introduced to her Father in heaven...her creator.

It was great to have Dave's parents in Lexington to share this moment with us. It was so comforting to look out in the crowd and see their faces.

No comments: