Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Heart of a Mom

What an amazing weekend for me as a "new" mom. I know that many of you can relate, but when you become a mom a new level of appreciation and respect is uncovered for your own mom. I was excited about Mother's Day for my personal experience these last 7 months of being Kate's Mom, but a good bit of my focus all weekend was on my own mom, Jeannie. What a woman of faith, unconditional love and the perfect mom that God designed just for me, Caroline and Andrew. I think of her as a single parent, raising a newborn and the godly foundation she gave me as a child. Through life she has given me and my siblings the greatest gift of unconditional love a child could ask for. She is a role model to me as to the mother I want to be to Kate. Thank you mom for loving our family the way that you do.

This picture was taken last year and I think of each woman/girl in it. It represents 5 generation of women, that have or will be mothers. My grandmother, Farris Howell is the woman that I love with all my heart. She helped mom raise all of us and is tightly woven in each of our lives...it is because of her and my mom that Caroline, Andrew and I are children of Christ. My mom, Jeannie Thrailkill, is just as I described her above. Me, well, I just pray that I can establish the foundation that was established in me for Kate and to demonstrate unconditional love to all my children. My sister, Caroline, I love seeing her grow into this unbelievable woman as she is traveling down the path God has drawn for her. I can't wait to see her as a wife and a mom through the up coming years. Then there is Miss. Kate...God has entrusted me as her mom and I pray that each day I serve my daily purpose in her life. I can only imagine the purposes God has for her life and I am so blessed to be her Mom and to travel life together with her.




This Mother's Days Weekend was a joy. Dan and Edie (Dave's parents) came up for the weekend to visit. It was a blessing to spend some one on one time with them. We enjoyed just have dinners together, talking, yard selling, golfing, church and celebrating Mother's Day together. Edie's love for her family shines through everything that she does. Her main focus in life is her family and her children...I am so blessed to call her Mom and be apart of this family.




My Mother's Day was spent in PJs all day...how wonderful! We went to church on Saturday night and Sunday was a day of just family fun and relaxing. Dave took care of the household chores and dinner which allowed time for me just to relax. For Mother's Day Dave and Kate picked out a jogging stroller just for me. It is great exercise and a fun outing for Kate and I to do each day. They have opened a new trail in our neighborhood that is a 4 mile stretch...we are only doing the 2 miles for now but have a goal ahead of us! What a fabulous 1st Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Brooke,
this made me cry! It is such a different perspective, I too, now have after being a mom myself. What a blessing to have so many women in your life that love you so much and point you to Jesus! Love you!