Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Surprises!

Mother's Day
I have to say that I feel so blessed to be a Mom. I always felt that my calling in life was that of a mom...I did not know what that picture really looked liked, but I knew it was in my future. I thank God daily for my Kate Kate and the time we get to spend together each day...We just have a lot of fun, laughs and silly times together. She is getting into her personality and it is a very sweet one with a strong and determined will. I cherish this Mother's Day so much as it will be my last one with just Kate...Miss. Calla will be here next year as we celebrate!

Mother's Day Events
Dave made it so special this mother's day with a surprise awaiting me first thing in the morning. He and Kate had bought me my family necklace. I have one with just Kate and I represented on it, but this one is by far my favorite as it has both Dave and I, Kate and Calla...I loved it. We went to church, lunch and shopped for awhile and then headed home for a nap and to finish packing for our "babymoon" to Nashville. However, as with life we were thrown a curve ball last night when (after a week of odd aches and pains) I had a sign (will not go into details for all of you) that I may have gone into the starts of pre-term labor. So, Dave and I called a friend to watch Kate and we headed to the hospital to get checked per my doctor.
Since we did not know what was going on. We opted for one more belly shot.

Long story short...everything is ok. I had developed a severe bladder infection which was causing me to go into contractions, they thought my lining was thinning out so they kept me over night to pump me with meds and fluids and run tests. This morning the doctor released me and I headed to his office for an ultrasound. The baby looks great (measuring right on target) and my lining was not as thin as they had thought. However, I am on modified (somewhat) bed rest to get rid of this bladder infection and then have been advised not to leave Lexington...so the babymoon has been cancelled and I am missing my last trip back to SC...but the main thing is that Calla is safe and sound, and it looks like my body is not at the level of pre-term labor as thought late last night.

Please keep us in your prayers. Happy Mother's Day to you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will call you this afternoon! I can't believe all of that happened. I'm so glad that you are doing well though! Hopefully, you'll be able to take a trip with Dave another time!

Councill Party of 4 said...

Oh Brooke, I know exactly how you feel! What's crazy is that "bed rest" with a 19 month old in the picture is next to impossible! HEHE! Good luck with everything! Let me know if I can do anything from down here! :) Love you!

Lesley said...

We saw Kate yesterday and she is so cute! The girls had fun playing with the dolls! Hope you are getting your much needed rest!